Tonal Music Inc. is an authorized dealer for brand approved manufacturer refurbished instruments. All of our instruments are NEVER OWNED and straight from the only manufacturer contracted refurbishment facility in the world. Each of our instruments have a different story, such as discontinued model, repaired flaws, or even unsold stock.
If you’d like to know an instruments full story give us a call!
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Jazzmaster® was originally advertised as a guitar that contained “all the well-known Fender developments,” where “every convenience is provided.” Intended to provide a luxury playing experience and tempt jazz guitarists into playing solidbody electric guitars, this futuristic and comfort-contoured offset is about as far from a boxy archtop as can be imagined. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guitar failed to catch on with the jazz crowd, but instead gained early acceptance with ‘60s surf, and later, indie-rock, alternative, and even country players.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster features a comfortable “C” shape maple neck that plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this guitar is offered with white neck binding, pearl blocks, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and matching painted headstock (on custom colors only). The patented “floating” tremolo, adjustable bridge with threaded saddles and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazzmaster pickups, wired to the signature rhythm and lead circuits, deliver classic tone and authentic Fender feel.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Alder Body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Pure Vintage ’66 Single-Coil Jazzmaster® Pickups
- “C”-Shaped Neck Profile
- Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard with Pearloid Blocks and Paint Matched Headstock
- Pure Vintage Single-Line “Fender Deluxe” Tuners
- Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Dakota Red
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 1966 C
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Radius: 7.25″
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Blocks
- Number of Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Nut Width: 1.650″
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Pure Vintage Jazzmaster with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Tuners: Fender Deluxe Pure Vintage
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage ’66 Single-coil Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage ’66 Single-coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 2 x thumbwheel (neck volume/tone)
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup switch, 2-way switch (lead/rhythm circuit)
- Strings: Fender, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:0110340854